Scoop on Poop
- A single gram of pet waste contains an average of 23 million fecal coliform bacteria, some of which can cause disease in humans and other animals, and can lead to water quality problems if not picked up.
- Dog waste is high in nitrogen and phosphorus, contains parasites and harmful bacteria such as E. Coli, fecal coliform and Salmonella.
- Odor is another huge reason for clearing dog poop. Not only is the smell offensive to you, it could also present a problem with your neighbors if left for any amount of time.
- Pet feces draws flies and rats (yes, rats!).
- If these reasons are not compelling, remember: It’s the law!